Sunday 5 October 2014

Outlander

If you haven't heard of Outlander, then you will soon.  I am new to Diana Gabaldon and her Outlander novels, it was only through my love of game of thrones that it came to my radar. It has recently been made into a tv series and it's bloody good to be honest, excuse my French! It hasn't been aired on tv in the UK yet but you can watch it on couchtuner.eu. If you loved game of thrones with a bit of time travel, you will love this.

So what's it about I hear you cry. Well it's about a woman, Claire Randall, a nurse from the 20th century, who travels back in time to the 18th century and meets a fit Scottish Highlander. She was on a holiday with her husband who had recently returned from war when she stumbled on some old stone in a mini Stonehenge and boom she's back to the 18th century.  Now if I were her I'd stay with the Scottish hubby, ( they get married ) but what happens I don't know. I haven't read the books but am tempted as I can't wait that long for the next instalment!

It's all filmed in some beautiful countryside in Scotland and you can go on a outlander tour with Brit Movie tours. I will definitely be going on this Outlander tour. I might have to watch the first episodes again as it was just brilliant. Fantastic acting, costumes, script, everything.  I am no expert on tv productions but this was good.



No comments: