Friday 28 September 2012

Slam Cartel Rock!

I took a trip down memory lane last night and went and saw a live rock band.  Back in the 80's I used to listen to the likes of Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, Billy Idol, Poison, Red Hot Chili Peppers Run-D.M.C etc etc.  I could go on... Then life took over, had a couple of kids so on so on.  Then the internet came and I found my vocation.  Thanks to facebook you can see what old friends are up too.  So when I saw my old friend Adam Lee was traveling around in a rock band Slam Cartel I decided as soon as they were up my way I was determined to go see them live.  And that's what I did last night. They played at the Road House in Birmingham. It is a small intimate venue but they certainly put on a great show.  I was generally impressed which is rare for me. I am no musicial critic but they sounded fab to me and listening to their album on the way home really blew me away.  I have a feeling they will be a house hold name one day. They are all lovely lads and I hope that doesn't change.  It was great to see my old mate again.

Check them out yourself:

Buy the hard copy here: Handful of Dreams - Slam Cartel
Buy on Itunes: Handful of Dreams - Slam Cartel

Handful of Dreams





No comments: