Wednesday 14 September 2011

London Boutique Hotel

A Boutique hotel is a term which  is used in North America and the United Kingdom to describe an intimate, usually luxurious or unique hotel environment.

Boutique hotels are different from the larger branded hotels and by providing a more personalized accommodation and services. They are also called  "design hotels" or "lifestyle hotels".

The came about in the early 1980s in major cities like London, New York, and San Francisco. Most  boutique hotels are furnished in a themed or very stylish manner. Generally they are considerably smaller than mainstream hotels, often ranging from 3 to 50 guest rooms, but then so is the price.

One I recently stayed in was Simply Rooms and Suites which is a Kensington Boutique Hotel.  The cost was just £99 per night and the location was right in the heart of Kensington.  The decor was beautiful with all mod cons.  You are paying for the quality of the room and not for the added facilities that come with other larger branded hotels, such as spas, swimming pools and gyms.


As I was leaving the freindly staff told me of one of their sister hotels which is another great value Budget London hotel, Kensington West. So I plan to try this hotel on my next visit to London.   Appently it is even cheaper but not such a boutique hotel.  But I am all for saving money so I will review it once I have stayed.

No comments: