Wednesday 17 August 2011

RIP Dennis Wearing Clayton 5/11/1927 - 17/8/2011

Sadly my beautiful father died tonight after a tough battle with Lung Cancer. He was 83. I am sitting here trying to come to terms with it. I will miss him so much. He was an inspiration to me. He lived on his own looking after himself right up until a few weeks ago. He battled chemotherapy last year bravely and with dignity. When he was told the cancer had gone around Christmas we were both over the moon.  We planned to take a holiday this year to celebrate. But the chemo took it out of him and he never recovered.  Two months ago he had a scan and was told the cancer had returned with a vengeance and had spread to his Liver. He was given just a few months to live. After a week spell in hospital he was moved to a lovely hospice where he passed away just a few hours ago.

Dad, where ever you are now, I want you to know that I loved you so much and I am so proud of you.  You really were like super-dad to me. Thank you for all the qualities you instilled in me. Thank you for every single thing you ever did for me, I will be eternally thankful.  I know you think you let me down but you did not. I wouldn't be the person I am today if I hadn't lived my life just the way it panned out.  I wouldn't have changed a thing.  So don't you ever think that you let me down.

I hope that wherever you are, hopefully in golf heaven, that you are happy and not scared anymore. I will see you again one day I am sure.  Perhaps by then I will have learnt to play golf well and we can have a game together!

Bye dad, thanks for being you and for making me me.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: