Thursday 23 June 2011

Exciting times

I have been working hard for a couple of years now and it is finally paying off.  Having took the plundge to work for myself back in 2009, it now feels like I am reeping the rewards. 

Most of my life I have struggled with a couple of kids on my own.  When my eldest was younger is was practically impossible to find work to fit around my child care needs.  It was only when I went off to uni started working in IT that I could afford the better things in life.

This past year I have had a new bathroom, re-decorated my whole house and now as I type I am waiting for a delivery of my new sofa.  I am very excited to say the least.  This is the first sofa I have ever bought new.  My others were hand-me-downs or bought second hand.  It is really nice to go into a shop and know I can afford any of the items there.  Trouble is this means there is a lot more choice available to me.  Before I would have to chose within a budget.  Now I can have any sofa and it made the deciding which one part more tricky.  Took me 6 months to choose the right one, then another 3 months for it to be made and sent to me.

Tonight i should be sat on my designer sofa looking around my newly plastered and painted living room and thinking to myself well done!

No comments: