Monday 1 November 2010

Thank you Prof David Nutt

I just want to thank Prof David Nutt for writing the Lancet journal which caused hit the news.  I have known this for years. He should never have been sacked but obvious why he was.  Most of the government are on the drug alcohol, hence the state of the country.

It always annoys me when people talk about drink and drugs as two separate entities.  They are both drugs and the legal one is the far more harmful as this report shows.  I didn't need to research and write a report, its clear to see in my eyes.  I often say to people if alcohol was invented today it would be illegal.  Drugs are drugs.  If you drink everyday or once a week, you are what is labeled as a drug addict.

Sixth on the list is tobacco.  This must be one of the most addictive, I have tried giving up so many times but it took a hard hit of reality when I was told I may have the beginning of COPD this year. I gave up smoking in May, I am doing well, using nicotine replacements, but I have had a couple blibs when I've had the dreaded drug alcohol!  Also my lovely Dad is going through chemo for lung cancer.

Any I hope this gets through to people.

No comments: